Your Experienced Legal Team | Se Habla Español 
With You Every Step of the Way Fighting for Your Rights
  • Super Lawyers
  • Houston Chronicle
  • H Texas Magazine
  • KHOU11
  • Galveston County Daily News
  • CNN
  • TexasMonthly
  • People love us on Yelp!
  • NADC
  • National Trial Lawyers
  • Houstonia

Frequently Asked Questions about Texas DWI

Galveston DWI Defense Lawyers Answer Your Questions

What is the cost of a DWI?

Unfortunately, the total expenses related to a DWI can mount into the thousands of dollars. Aside from the fines you will be assessed upon a conviction, the following may apply:

  • Legal fees
  • Court costs
  • Bail costs
  • Driver’s license surcharge for three years
  • Probation fees
  • Alcohol education fees
  • The costs of ignition interlock device installation and maintenance
  • Increased vehicle insurance premiums

What will happen if I refuse to submit to a blood alcohol concentration (BAC) test?

You will be asked to sign a statement that you refused to take the test and your license will be suspended. The arresting officer will confiscate your license and issue you a temporary one. Under the Texas law of implied consent, by accepting your driver’s license you automatically consent to take a BAC test when requested by a police officer. Refusing to do so may have consequences if you are later convicted.

Will I be able to get my license back after I’m charged?

You will have 15 days to request a hearing before an administrative law judge in which you can challenge the suspension. Having strong legal representation from one of our Galveston DWI defense attorneys is important to this process.

Can I get my DWI charge reduced to a lower offense?

It will depend on the circumstances surrounding your arrest. In Texas, it is permissible for prosecutors to reduce charges in certain cases. A reduced charge will lessen the severity of the penalties you will face. Where appropriate, we can fight for a reduced charge, such as reckless driving.

How long will a DWI remain on my record?

It will remain there forever unless you petition for a record sealing or expungement through the court. You must qualify for the process and submit your application. Once your record is sealed or expunged, it will not be available for public access, such as in a background check.

For additional questions or to learn more about your case, contact Zendeh Del & Associates, PLLC at (409) 204-5566 for a free consultation with our Galveston DWI defense attorneys.

The Zendeh Del Difference

Six Benefits That Set Us Apart
  • More Than 60 Years of Combined Experience
  • High-Quality & Personalized Service
  • Thousands of Cases Won
  • Local Attorneys Who Know The System
  • Available for Calls 24/7

Schedule a Free Consultation

Filling out a form does not create an attorney-client relationship.
  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.

Case Results

  • Case Dismissed DWI with BAC greater than 0.15
  • Case Dismissed Marijuana Possession
  • Case Dismissed Resisting Arrest
  • Case Dismissed Cocaine Possession
  • Case Dismissed DWI with BAC greater than 0.15
  • Case Dismissed DWI with BAC greater than 0.15
  • Case Dismissed Assault
  • Case Dismissed Marijuana Possession
  • Case Dismissed Marijuana Possession
  • Case Dismissed Theft