Divorce and Separations
It doesn’t matter if you have assets in the millions or ten dollars to your name, divorce or separation can have a devastating emotional and financial impact on everyone involved. In no time at all, seemingly amicable divorces can turn unpleasant or bitter and straightforward dissolution can become entangled — that is why you should always have an attorney on your side, protecting and looking out for your best interests and rights and the interests of your minor children. If you were served with a petition, you have very strict timelines that apply to you. Failure to hire an attorney and or respond could result in you losing everything. Don’t wait, call the experienced family law attorneys at Zendeh Del & Associates, PLLC TODAY.Contact Us.
At Zendeh Del & Associates, PLLC, we handle the most complex to the simplest of divorces and separation agreements with the same vigor and compassion. Our experience in family law confirms that the effects of divorce have no income or class boundaries, and everyone deserves the right to fair representation regardless of wealth or public status.
Certain “generic” things need to be done in all divorces cases, no matter how you feel your spouse will act, and no matter how amicable you expect the divorce to be.
Some of family law cases that we handle include:
- Adoption including open and closed adoption, stepparent adoption and adoption from foster care or overseas
- Alimony including spousal support, maintenance or separate maintenance
- Child custody and visitation including temporary custody, full, sole and joint custody as well as grandparent and non-custodial visitation
- Child support including child support orders, support enforcement and modifications
- Contested and uncontested divorces including fault and no-fault divorces, annulments and legal separations
- Equitable distributions including marital debts, assets, retirement accounts, pensions, stocks and bonds and QDROs, or qualified domestic relations orders
- Paternity issues including acknowledgement and testing
- Substantial assets/forensic accounting
- Same sex divorce
Divorce and Separation Checklist:
Here are 15 things you must do as soon as you can:
- Engage an attorney immediately.
- If any domestic violence occurs, call the police immediately and go somewhere safe.
- If you have children, get a temporary injunction against taking the children out of the state.
- Do not allow your spouse to take the children and leave.
- Insist on at least 50% legal custody and parenting time.
- Move your personal papers and records to a safe location, away from the family home.
- Cancel all jointly-owned credit cards.
- Safeguard all jointly-owned bank accounts.
- Make a record of all marital property, use a video camera or take pictures where possible and store in a safe location away from the family residence.
- Secure your more valuable personal property; inventory and safeguard all stored property.
- Reduce unnecessary expenses immediately.
- Start keeping a daily journal, noting all abuse (emotional and physical), and all immoral and criminal acts that your spouse has done.
- Do not sign anything.
- Prepare yourself for false allegations and distortion of facts.
- Record all conversations with your spouse. Texas is a one-party state, meaning only one party (you) has to know that the conversation is being recorded.
Paternity, Child Visitation and Adoptions
The most important people involved in paternity and child support cases are those who have nothing to do with the problem: the children.
The attorneys at Zendeh Del & Associates, PLLC are in tune to the incredibly emotional issues that come with cases involving children. We believe that both the biological mother and father are equally responsible for the financial care and support of their children, and we fight for what’s right, every time.
Mothers and fathers both have a responsibility under Texas Law to support their children financially. If you are having trouble getting child support because of paternity issues, the attorneys at Zendeh Del & Associates, PLLC will use their expertise to work with the other party and try to reach a resolution. If a solution cannot be reached amicably, we will file a child support enforcement action, and urge the court to award you attorneys’ fees.
Adopting is usually an emotional rollercoaster for all involved, and a properly handled adoption can prevent years of pain and anguish due to one or both of the birth parents trying to take the child back. When adoptions are contested everyone loses, but the person harmed the most is the child. The attorneys at Zendeh Del & Associates, PLLC are committed to covering every detail so that an adoption as joyful of a time as it should be.
If you are adopting or considering adoption, you cannot afford to leave anything to chance. Adoptions, even parent or step parent adoptions, do not always go glitch free. Protect this joyous experience with an attorney who knows the pitfalls and potential for disaster.
Child custody is the most highly charged area of any divorce. The State of Texas has guidelines that set child support primarily based on income, and there are other guidelines upon which every court bases custody decisions. The attorneys at Zendeh Del & Associates, PLLC can help you navigate through all of the information and misinformation so you can focus on what matters: your children.
The attorneys at Zendeh Del & Associates, PLLC handle ALL FAMILY LAW cases. Call us today to find out more and find out what your legal options are. Do not wait, call today. (Contact Us) If you were served with a petition, you have very strict timelines that apply to you. Failure to hire an attorney and or respond could result in you losing everything. Don’t wait, call the experienced family law attorneys at Zendeh Del & Associates, PLLC TODAY. Contact Us.