Galveston Immigration Lawyers
Immigration law encompasses situations in which a person from a foreign country comes to the United States, temporarily or with the intent to live permanently in this county. There are many types of immigration cases, petitions, and applications governing these situations. Each process has its own set of requirements. Our firm has experience in the following processes:
Family-Based Immigrant and Non-immigrant Visa Petitions
- Permanent Residence Applications for Family Members (Alien Relative Petitions) (I-130)
- Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status (Form I-485).
- Fiancé Petitions (K1 Visa)
- Applications for Removal of Conditions on permanent residence based on marriage before the two-year conditional residence expires (I-751)
- Employment Authorization (AED)
- Application for Waiver of Grounds of Inadmissibility (Form I-601 and I-601A).
- Student Visas (F1 and M1).
- Document Replacement: Alien Registration Card, AED, Naturalization Certificate, etc.
Employment-Based Visa Petitions
- International Business Executives and Managers and Transferees (L-1A/L-1B)
- Advanced Degree Professionals with Specialty Occupations (H-1B)
- Internationally Recognized Athletes (P-1/P-2)
- Artists and Others of Extraordinary Ability (O-1/O-2)
- Treaty Investors (E1/E2)
- Exchange Visitors, including Medical Professionals (J-1)
- NAFTA Visas (TN2).
Removal Defense and Waivers
- Defense of individuals from deportation or removal from the United States.
- Waivers for those individuals unable to obtain temporary/permanent legal status due to an overstay, fraud or other criminal criminal issues.