A Galveston, Texas native, Jonathan is a graduate of Baylor University, where he earned his B.B.A. in Real Estate and Management. After completing his undergraduate studies, Jonathan moved to Oklahoma to attend law school on a merit scholarship. Jonathan graduated from law school at the top of his class. While in law school, Jonathan was a member of the Law School Honor Fraternity, the Student Senate, the Student Bar Association Executive Committee, was the Treasurer of the Student Bar Association, participated in the Moot Court Competition, was a member of the Moot Court Society, judged Moot Court competitions, was the recipient of a Merit Scholarship, and repeatedly made the Dean’s Honor List for achieving outstanding grades in law school.
Prior to forming Zendeh Del & Associates, Jonathan was an insurance company lawyer who handled countless insurance defense cases involving complex personal injuries arising out of automobile accidents and alleged defective products. There, Jonathan practiced in both state and federal court on a daily basis. During his time practicing insurance defense Jonathan learned the insurance and personal injury business inside and out.
Prior to representing insurance companies, Jonathan worked at a civil litigation firm that served as general counsel to a national bank, and represented businesses in all types of business litigation. There, Jonathan represented the bank in numerous foreclosure filings and other transactions. Also at that firm, Jonathan represented clients in many different types of insurance claims including personal injuries andlawsuits against home insurance companies for wrongly denying claims.
After practicing law in Oklahoma, Jonathan returned to his native Galveston, Texas to establish Zendeh Del & Associates, where he and his wife are law partners.
Jonathan is a leader in the Galveston legal community where he serves on the Board of Directors of the Galveston County Bar Association and is the President of the Galveston County Young Lawyers Association.
Jonathan has been named to The National Trial Lawyers “Top 100 Trial Lawyers” list.
Jonathan has also received from AVVO, a prominent Lawyer Rating Directory, the rating of SUPERB (10.0 out of 10.0) for his experience, industry recognition, and professional conduct as a lawyer.
- State Bar of Texas
- Texas Court of Appeals
- Texas Court of Criminal Appeals
- Texas Supreme Court
- State Bar of Oklahoma
- Oklahoma Court of Appeals
- Oklahoma Supreme Court
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas (Federal Court)
- United States District Court for the Western District of Oklahoma (Federal Court)
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Oklahoma (Federal Court)
- Texas Bar Association
- Oklahoma Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Oklahoma County Bar Association
- National College for DUI Defense
- Oklahoma Bar Foundation
- Texas Criminal Defense Lawyer’s Association
- Galveston County Bar Association (Director of the Board)
- Galveston County Young Lawyer’s Association (Past President)
- Galveston Criminal Defense Bar
Honors and Achievements
- Rated one of the “10 best” DWI Lawyers in Texas by American Institute of DUI/DWI Attorneys
- Galveston County Young Lawyers Association – Past President
- Featured in Texas Monthly Magazine for DWI Defense
- The National Trial Lawyers – Top 100 Trial Lawyers
- Texas Bar Foundation – Lifetime Sustaining Fellow
- Houstonia Magazine’s “Top Lawyers in Houston”
- Galveston County Bar Association – Director
- Super Lawyers
- University of Houston Professor of Criminal Law
- Galveston Little League Team Sponsor
- Galveston Chamber of Commerce
- Galveston Artillery Club
- Knights of Momus