Police Officer Charged with DWI Comes Out on Top
Our managing attorney, Jonathan Zendeh Del, secured a notable victory on behalf of a local police officer who was accused of driving while intoxicated (DWI) while he was off-duty. Our client, faced DWI charges after his fellow officers reported finding him in a ditch on the side of the road in his personal vehicle. As a result, prosecutors charged him with a Class B misdemeanor, which is punishable by up to a $2,000 fine and 180 days in jail.
With the stakes being so high, our client needed a nationally recognized criminal defense firm to help fight his DWI charges. As such, he put Zendeh Del & Associates, PLLC in his corner. Attorney Jonathan Zendeh Del represented our client’s case at every stage of the process and, after thoroughly evaluating the facts surrounding our client’s DWI accusations, established the following:
- Our client knew he had the right to refuse to take the standardized field sobriety tests (SFSTs), but he consented
- Our client showed no signs of intoxication on two of the three SFSTs
- The portion of the SFSTs that our client did not perform successfully could have resulted from head injuries caused by a crash
- Our client had a very low blood alcohol content (BAC), making it nearly impossible for the State to prove that his BAC was above .08% while he was driving
- Given the findings above, the prosecution could not meet its burden of proving our client’s guilt beyond a reasonable doubt
The Galveston County Daily News interviewed Jonathan about this case victory and recently published the story, which you can view here.
Facing DWI Charges in Galveston? You Know Who to Call.
As you now know, police officers can end up on the wrong side of the law, too. One phone call by his fellow officers put our client’s freedom on the line instantly, demonstrating the devastating impacts a DWI charge can have on people from all walks of life.
If you are facing DWI charges in Galveston, please do not hesitate to reach out and learn how our legal team can help fight your accusations. Our DWI defense lawyers at Zendeh Del & Associates, PLLC are nationally recognized for their abilities to successfully defend DWI charges, including their substantial training in standardized field sobriety tests and knowledge of chemical testing science. Call (409) 204-5566 to begin your case, as you can depend on us to champion your freedom and aggressively defend your rights every step of the way.
When you do, you may end up like our client: Free.