The Lone Star Rally is one of America’s most exciting and well attended motorcycle rallies. The rally returns to Galveston, Texas for its 20-year anniversary from November 4th through November 7th, 2021. In 2020, the rally was canceled due to the COVID-19 pandemic. However, its return will be filled with thrilling events, delicious food, and the high level of energy only a group of passionate bikers can provide.
What Kind of Events are Scheduled for the Lone Star Rally?
The Lone Star Rally is known for providing many different types of entertainment, ranging from free concerts to bike shows, and there is will be something of interest for everyone in attendance. Here are some of the events taking place at the 20th anniversary Lone Star Rally:
- The Old Time Motorcycle Rodeo Games: One of the crowd’s favorite events, the Old Time Motorcycle Rodeo Games include fun activities such as the whiskey barrel roll, the weenie bite, the slow race, and the plank walk.
- Bike Shows: At the Lone Star Rally, it’s all about the bikes. Multiple bike shows will be taking place, including the Performance bike show, which judges based on the best paint, best softail, and best dragster, among other awards. There’s also the Ride In Custom bike show, which will pit all kinds of custom made bikes against each other for a feature in Cycle Source magazine and a $500 cash prize.
- Tattoo Contest: There will be a tattoo contest that will judge in 3 different categories, those categories being best color, best black and grey, and best overall.
- Concerts: Every night will feature a free concert, including artists such as Lee Greenwood, Colt Ford, Bobby Friss, and even “the ultimate AC/DC cover band” known as Highway to Hell.
- Miss Lone Star: The rally also includes a pageant where the “coolest biker chick” will be awarded $10,000 cash as well as the coveted title of Miss Lone Star 2021.
Will There Be Food and Drink at the Lone Star Rally?
The Lone Star Rally will feature hundreds of different vendors, selling all types of merchandise and food. For example, Vito’s Chill & Grill Barbeque will be there serving delicious Texas-style barbeque such as brisket, chicken, and sausage with delicious side options as well. For dessert options, you’ll find Bundt Cake-a-Holic, serving delicious treats such as German chocolate cake and Cookies-N-Cream cake.
The Lone Star Rally is also sponsored by Miller Light, who will be on site with beer tents ready to go. There are also a few bars in the area that are rally ready, including Murphy’s on Main and Tsunami. Alcohol will only be provided to rally attendees that are 21 years of age or older.
How Can I Stay Safe at the Lone Star Rally?
While the Lone Star Rally is going to be filled with fun events, delicious food, and passionate bikers, the event is sure to be very busy and some concerns regarding safety are to be expected. Here are some recommendations to keep yourself safe during this event:
- The buddy system: It is always a good idea to keep a friend alongside you at these types of events, so you can both be aware of your surroundings and have someone to check in with if anything is going wrong.
- Stay hydrated: This event will have people on their feet all day, and it may be warm outside. Keeping hydrated is very important.
- Wear the proper clothing and footwear: Since so much of this event will be spent standing and walking, comfortable footwear is essential, as are weather-appropriate clothing options.
- Keep your phone charged: Keeping your phone charged is a great way to prepare for this event so you can keep your loved ones in the loop about where you are and get in touch with someone if you need anything.
- Drink responsibly: Because alcohol will be served at this event, it’s smart to limit your drinking so that you can have fun but also stay safe.
Getting Places at The Lone Star Rally
Considering the size of The Lone Star Rally and how many vendors and events there will be, people will need to travel in some cases to get where they would like to be. The event may provide some light transportation such as shuttles or carts, however, the temptation to drive yourself around may still be there. Driving at the rally is okay, but make sure to never drive while under the influence of drugs or alcohol. If you do so, you might end up with a DWI charge by the end of the event.
DWI Charges in Texas
Some people have the misconception that it is safer to ride motorcycles while intoxicated than it is to drive a regular passenger vehicle. This is wholly untrue, and you can get a DWI on a motorcycle just as easily as you can in a car. Riding a motorcycle while intoxicated also greatly increases the risk of injury.
In Texas, the current acceptable blood alcohol level for driving is .08%. If you drive with a blood alcohol level higher than that, you will be at risk of a DWI, a dangerous accident, and potential legal consequences. The legal punishments for DWI charges are as follows:
- Class B misdemeanor charge
- A maximum jail sentence of 180 days
- A fine of up to $2,000
- License suspension of up to 1 year
If you receive a DWI with a blood alcohol level of .15% or more, the penalties increase:
- Class A misdemeanor charge
- A jail sentence of up to 1 year
- A fine of up to $4,000
Ultimately, driving while intoxicated is never worth it. There are always other options, such as public transportation and taxis, and making the decision to avoid driving intoxicated could save both your life and the lives of other people on the road.
Contact an Attorney Today
If you have been arrested for a DWI while operating a motorcycle or any other vehicle, contact Zendeh Del & Associates, PLLC. At our firm, we pledge to treat you with respect and empathy while we use our many years of experience litigating DWI cases to help inform you about the legal process surrounding your specific case. We are dedicated to assisting our clients through difficult times and understand that there is a heart behind every case. Contact us today at (409) 204-5566 or via our contact page.