Friendswood DWI Attorneys
Protecting Your Rights, Freedoms, & Reputation
At Zendeh Del & Associates, PLLC, our Friendswood DWI attorneys are dedicated to helping clients protect their reputations and achieve the best possible case results. If you or a loved one have been arrested for or charged with driving while intoxicated, we provide clients with high-quality, comprehensive legal counsel and are dedicated to helping you make informed decisions concerning your case.
With over 70 years of combined experience, our attorneys have an understanding of the laws that apply to your case and have been trained on field sobriety tests as well as breath and blood tests. Our legal, scientific, and technical understanding of the aspects of your case can help us develop a solid defense strategy in your case. We have an excellent track record and have helped thousands of clients achieve favorable results.
If you or a loved one have been charged with driving while intoxicated (DWI), contact our firm online or via telephone (409) 204-5566 to schedule an initial consultation.
Can You Beat a DWI Charge in League City?
Every case is unique, which is why we offer clients personalized strategies. We are also not afraid to think outside of the box to develop creative solutions for your specific needs. With our help, you may be able to beat a DWI charge by:
- Challenging the stop. Did the officers have probable cause to ask you to pull over?
- Disputing the test results. Even sober people struggle to complete a field sobriety test, and breathalyzer test results are not reliable if they are not properly calibrated or maintained.
- Questioning the integrity of the testing devices or procedure. If you submit to a breath or blood test, we can question the results.
- Arguing that your constitutional rights were violated. If you are arrested, you should be properly Mirandized, and the police should respect your legal rights.
How Long Does a DWI Conviction Stay on Your Record?
Unless you file to have your record sealed or expunged, a DWI conviction will remain on your record forever. However, if the court does seal or expunge your record, the conviction will not be a matter of public record and will not be discoverable on a background check. To determine whether you qualify for expungement or the sealing process, you should consult with our attorneys.
How Bad Is a DWI in Texas?
First-time offenders can be charged with a Class B misdemeanor, which is punishable by imprisonment for 72 hours to `80 days, a fine of up to $2,000, and the loss of your license for up to a year. However, these penalties can be increased if you:
- Had an open container of alcohol. Then, the minimum jail time can be extended to six days.
- Had a BAC of .15% or higher. In this case, the charges will be increased to a Class A misdemeanor, which increases the potential fine to a maximum of $4,000.
- Have two prior convictions. If this is a third or subsequent offense, you can be charged with a third-degree felony, which is punishable by a fine of up to $10,000 and imprisonment for two to ten years.
- Have a child under the age of 15 in the car with you. If you are arrested for driving while intoxicated with a child in the car, you can be charged with a state jail felony, which is punishable by a fine of up to $10,000 and imprisonment for six months to two years.
Get Legal Help from Our Experienced DWI Attorneys in League City
At Zendeh Del & Associates, PLLC, our attorneys have over 70 years of collective experience and formerly served as prosecutors. We have a comprehensive understanding of what laws apply to your case as well as how to develop a strong defense strategy based on how the opposing side thinks. Retaining our firm not only strengthens your case but also ensures you have someone on your side.
For the legal representation you need and deserve, contact our firm online or at (409) 204-5566 today. Let us fight for you.
The Zendeh Del DifferenceSix Benefits That Set Us Apart
More Than 70 Years of Combined Experience
High-Quality & Personalized Service
Thousands of Cases Won
Local Attorneys Who Know The System
Available for Calls 24/7
Trained on Field Sobriety Tests, Breath Tests, and Blood Tests