Driving While Intoxicated (DWI) cases in Texas are serious matters, with stiff penalties that can affect every aspect of a person's life. If you find yourself facing a DWI charge in Galveston County, it is essential to know your rights, the legal process, and the potential defenses that could be available to you. In this blog post, we'll cover the Texas DWI law, typical defenses, and how a Galveston DWI Defense Lawyer at Zendeh Del & Associates, PLLC can win your case.
Understanding Texas DWI Law
In Texas, a person is considered intoxicated if they do not have the "normal use of mental or physical faculties" due to the consumption of alcohol, drugs, or a combination of both, or if they have a blood or breath alcohol concentration of 0.08% or more. The penalties for a DWI conviction vary depending on the circumstances of the case, but they typically include fines, license suspension, probation, and even jail time.
Common Defenses Against DWI in Galveston County
As a leading Galveston DWI Defense Lawyer firm, we have successfully employed various defenses to help our clients beat their DWI charges. Here are some of the most common:
- Challenging the Traffic Stop: If the police did not have reasonable suspicion to stop your vehicle, any evidence gathered during the stop might be suppressed.
- Challenging the Field Sobriety Tests (FSTs): FSTs are not always accurate or administered correctly. A skilled Galveston DWI Defense Lawyer can question the validity of these tests.
- Challenging the Breath or Blood Tests: Various factors can cause these tests to provide false readings. It may be possible to argue that the equipment was faulty or that the test was improperly administered.
- Arguing Necessity: In rare cases, you may argue that you had to drive to prevent a greater evil, such as a medical emergency.
- Proving You Were Not Driving: If you were arrested in a parked vehicle, your Galveston DWI Defense Lawyer might argue that you were not in control of the car and therefore cannot be charged with DWI.
How Zendeh Del & Associates, PLLC, a Trusted Galveston DWI Defense Lawyer, Can Win Your Case
At Zendeh Del & Associates, PLLC, our team's knowledge, skill, and experience set us apart. Here's how we can win your case:
- Personalized Strategy: We carefully analyze the details of your case to create a tailored defense strategy that targets the weaknesses in the prosecution's evidence.
- Pre-Trial Motion Practice: We may file motions to suppress evidence if your rights were violated during the arrest. By limiting the prosecution's evidence, we can strengthen your defense.
- Negotiation with the Prosecution: Our seasoned Galveston DWI Defense Lawyers know how to negotiate with the prosecution to reduce or dismiss charges when possible.
- Trial Excellence: If your case goes to trial, our expert team will utilize all available resources, including expert witnesses, to present a compelling defense and seek a not-guilty verdict.
- Post-Conviction Relief: If needed, we can also explore post-conviction relief options, such as appealing the conviction or seeking an expunction of the record.
A DWI charge in Galveston County is a serious matter, but it does not have to ruin your life. By retaining an experienced Galveston DWI Defense Lawyer like the team at Zendeh Del & Associates, PLLC, you are ensuring that you have the best possible defense. Jonathan Zendeh Del, a DWI super lawyer, leads our team of skilled professionals, and we are available 24/7 at (409) 740-1111 to assist you with your legal needs.
Remember, a DWI charge is not a conviction, and with the right legal representation, you can fight and beat your case. Trust your future to a proven Galveston DWI Defense Lawyer and give yourself the best chance to win. Call us today!